Worrying. We all do it to some extent. While I think some of us are wired to worry more than others, all of us need a reminder every now and then to stop our monkey mind and not be so concerned about a potential outcome.
Worrying actually has negative physical effects on the body. If we excessively worry, our bodies release stress hormones which can cause us to have headaches, muscle tension, shortness of breath, and nausea. (source) Those reactions are definitely not helping us solve our problems!
Here are 10 quotes that will help you stop worrying:
1. Think Less. Live More.
2. Things have a way of working out.
3. Don’t fill your head with worries. There won’t be any room for anything else!
4. It’s gonna be OK.
6. The biggest mistake you could ever make is being too afraid to make one.
7. Worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening. It just stops you from enjoying the good.
8. Worry is a misuse of your imagination.
9. Stop being afraid of what could do wrong and think of what could go right.
10. Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength.
What do you catch yourself worrying about? Which quote do you relate to the most? What do you do to calm your mind? Let me know in the comments!
Not an official Happster yet? Become one and get free happy notes mailed to you here.