Have you taken control of your happiness? Happiness comes from altering your habits and your way of thinking. Here are 5 habits that will help you stay happy:
1. Meditate – Do you want to be more calm, peaceful, and happy? Meditation reduces tension & stress, builds self confidence, enhances energy, reduces anxiety, and so much more.
2. Read or Watch Something Funny – While the science of laughter is in its early stages, we do know that laughter triggers healthy physical changes in the body like strengthening your immune system, diminishing pain, and boosting your energy.
3. Pet an Animal – Research by Psychology Today indicates that pets provide meaningful social support for owners. They found consistent evidence that pet owners exhibited greater self-esteem, were less lonely, and were less fearful than non owners. Even if you don’t have your own animal, petting someone else’s animal can help ease your stress.
4. Practice an Act of Kindness – Pay for the person’s coffee behind you, give someone a compliment, lend someone your umbrella, smile at a stranger, give a happy note…The possibilities are endless. Two recent studies suggest that giving to others makes us happy – even happier than spending on ourselves!
5. Talk to a Friend – Happier people tend to have supportive relationships with their family and friends. Professor Toni Antonucci says “Relationships help people feel that they’re worthy, that they are capable, that they can set goals and accomplish them, and that they can control their life.”
Do you practice any of these happy habits? What other habits have you adopted that you’ve found make you happy? Let me know in the comments!
Become an official Happster & get free happy notes here: http://tinyurl.com/imahappster