Today, I’m talking about a ritual I’ve created called the “Happsters Weekly 3.” I’m a huge fan of rituals because I find that they ground me and keep me focused. The Weekly 3 is super simple and effective.
Here’s what I do:
1. Every Sunday, I pull out an index card and divide it into 3 sections: MONDAY INTENTION // WEDNESDAY GRATITUDE // FRIDAY JOY
2. On Monday mornings, I write what my intention is for the week under “Monday Intention.”
3. On Wednesday mornings, I write 3 things I’m grateful for in that moment.
4. On Friday mornings, I write a simple thing that I’m looking forward to that day. It’s always something that I think will bring me joy. Sometimes it’s more than 1 thing!
5. (OPTIONAL) At the end of the week, I snap a photo and text it to one of my friends and she sends me hers.
This practice helps me because it:
- Gets me in the right frame of mind on Monday morning. I’m able to start my Monday off with an intention that I keep in mind every day that week.
- Helps me appreciate what I have instead of focusing on things that are going “wrong” in my life.
- Encourages me to look for the little things that make life fun and joyful.
- Starts my day off on the right foot since I keep it by my bed and do it first thing in the morning (before looking at my phone!).
- Keeps me in the loop with what’s going on in my friend’s life and gives us a reason to connect every week.
Want to do it with me? If you want to do the Weekly 3 on your own index card and share it on social media, tag me @happsters and use #HappstersWeekly3 so I can re-share on my story!