Today, I’m talking about a ritual I’ve created called the “Happsters Weekly 3.” I’m a huge fan of rituals because I find that they ground me and keep me focused. The Weekly 3 is super simple and effective.
Here’s what I do:
1. Every Sunday, I pull out an index card and divide it into 3 sections: MONDAY INTENTION // WEDNESDAY GRATITUDE // FRIDAY JOY
2. On Monday mornings, I write what my intention is for the week under “Monday Intention.”
3. On Wednesday mornings, I write 3 things I’m grateful for in that moment.
4. On Friday mornings, I write a simple thing that I’m looking forward to that day. It’s always something that I think will bring me joy. Sometimes it’s more than 1 thing!
5. (OPTIONAL) At the end of the week, I snap a photo and text it to one of my friends and she sends me hers.
This practice helps me because it:
- Gets me in the right frame of mind on Monday morning. I’m able to start my Monday off with an intention that I keep in mind every day that week.
- Helps me appreciate what I have instead of focusing on things that are going “wrong” in my life.
- Encourages me to look for the little things that make life fun and joyful.
- Starts my day off on the right foot since I keep it by my bed and do it first thing in the morning (before looking at my phone!).
- Keeps me in the loop with what’s going on in my friend’s life and gives us a reason to connect every week.
Want to do it with me? If you want to do the Weekly 3 on your own index card and share it on social media, tag me @happsters and use #HappstersWeekly3 so I can re-share on my story!
10 thoughts on “Happsters Weekly 3: Monday Intention // Wednesday Gratitude // Friday Joy”
What a beautiful initiative! I am an HR Specialist and one of my ‘goals’ during this Covid situation is to send/share positive messages with the staff and definitely this is one I just shared.
Hi Mariela, thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing with your staff! I hope you find it helpful!
We really need something like this!! Thanks so much 😊
Thank you so much for your kind words, Lynda! Please let me know how it goes for you!
I just found you thanks to your interview in Morning Smile. This is a lovely idea. I think I’ll get a card ready for Monday so I don’t forget. It could be super helpful going into November and National Novel Writing Month. Thank you so much for sharing this!
I’m so happy to hear that! Please let me know how it goes!
What a fantastic site! Spread happiness- sprinkle that $h** everywhere! I love the idea of that and am so happy to have found your site through your introduction. Blessings and have a very Joyful Friday!
Ha! Yes!! Great to meet you, Pauline. Thanks so much for stopping by!