Long time, no talk! I’ve been hanging out over on Instagram at @happsters, but every once in awhile I like to pop on here when I have something I think you’ll enjoy.
Today, I’m talking about a ritual I’ve created called the “Happsters Weekly 3.” I’m a huge fan of rituals because I find that they ground me and keep me focused! The Weekly 3 is super simple and effective.
Here’s what I do:
1. Every Sunday, I pull out an index card and divide it into 3 sections: MONDAY INTENTION // WEDNESDAY GRATITUDE // FRIDAY JOY
2. On Monday mornings, I write what my intention is for the week under “Monday Intention.”
3. On Wednesday mornings, I write 3 things I’m grateful for in that moment.
4. On Friday mornings, I write a simple thing that I’m looking forward to that day. It’s always something that I think will bring me joy. Sometimes it’s more than 1 thing!
5. (OPTIONAL) At the end of the week, I snap a photo and text it to one of my friends and she sends me hers.
This practice helps me because it:
Gets me in the right frame of mind on Monday morning. I’m able to start my Monday off with an intention that I keep in mind every day that week.
Helps me appreciate what I have instead of focusing on things that are going “wrong” in my life.
Encourages me to look for the little things that make life fun and joyful.
Starts my day off on the right foot since I keep it by my bed and do it first thing in the morning (before looking at my phone!).
Keeps me in the loop with what’s going on in my friend’s life and gives us a reason to connect every week.
Want to do it with me? If you want to do the Weekly 3 on your own index card and share it on social media, tag me @happsters and use #HappstersWeekly3 so I can re-share on my story!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2014 so far! I wanted to share with you some simple random acts of kindness that everyone has time for. All of the suggestions below take less than 5 minutes! I hope to knock these all out in less than a week. Are you with me?
Are you going to do any of these random acts of kindness? Do you have another random act of kindness that isn’t on the list? Let me know in the comments!
Have you ever walked into a room and felt negativity in the air? Feeling another person’s energy is actually very common. If you give off positive energy, other people will feel better around you. In contrast, if you give off negative energy others are likely to feel tense and likely want to leave. Positive beliefs, thoughts and feelings turn into positive energy that you put into the universe. YOU control your energy. Whether it be positive or negative, your energy affects everyone you come in contact with. Continue reading →