As you may know, I created this blog in an effort to spread as much happiness as possible. The world needs more happy people!
I had this new idea while falling asleep the other night (when some of my best ideas come to me) and I got so excited that I could barely fall asleep. I’ve decided to create something called the “Happy Explosion”. Here’s how it will work:
1) Every week I’m going to spread happiness in a different way and leave it up to YOU to tell me how.
2) I’ll give you some options (you can come up with your own if you want!) and I’ll take the most popular happy act from the comments to do.
3) I’ll announce what happy act I’m going to do on Monday and then post about the experience on the next Saturday.
4) If you have a blog, I’d love for you to post your random act of happiness there. I’ll post a link up on Saturday’s post so we can all see each other’s Happy Explosions of the week!
How does that sound? Ready for the first week?
Happy Explosion: Week 1
A) Buy the person’s coffee behind us
B) Leave a note of gratitude for our mailman
C) Leave a sweet treat on a co-workers desk
D) You choose
You can use the button below on your blog if you want to participate in the Happy Explosion!
Just copy/paste the code below to add it to your blog:
<img class="aligncenter wp-image-2465"
alt="happyexplosion" width="400" height="254" /></a>
Let me know in the comments what you think we should do for the first week of “Happy Explosion”! I’ll have a post up on Monday with the winner so we can all get to spreading happiness ASAP!
Not an official Happster yet? Become one and get free happy notes mailed to you here.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2014 so far! I wanted to share with you some simple random acts of kindness that everyone has time for. All of the suggestions below take less than 5 minutes! I hope to knock these all out in less than a week. Are you with me?
Are you going to do any of these random acts of kindness? Do you have another random act of kindness that isn’t on the list? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Receive an email each Friday featuring something to make you smile as you go into the weekend here: http://tinyurl.com/heyheyfriday
In honor of World Kindness Day today (November 13th), I thought it would be fun to share my favorite kindness quotes with you. I hope you enjoy!
Continue reading “Top 15 Kindness Quotes in Honor of World Kindness Day”
When I first started dating my boyfriend, he insisted upon going on a road trip together. But road trips didn’t make much sense to me; “What’s the point of a road trip when you can get there faster on a plane?”, I asked. Finally, he convinced me to take a road trip with him to Big Sur, California. I didn’t see it then, but the road trip was exactly what I needed. Now I understand the power of road trips and their ability to boost happiness and strengthen relationships. Continue reading “Why a Road Trip Might be Exactly What You Need”
Hi Happsters! I wanted to share an amazing story with you today about an extraordinary act of kindness.
Continue reading “The Homeless Man Who Gave Back a Diamond Ring”
Collectively, Americans spend roughly 500,000 years stuck in traffic — nearly 4.2 billion hours. That’s a lot of time in the car! If you’re like most of us, you’ve found yourself frustrated while driving a time or two. Here are some tips to help you stay happy on your commute:
1. Leave a 5-10 minute cushion for yourself. Many people get anxious in the car because they get caught in traffic and end up being late for an appointment or meeting. Avoid feeling rushed by leaving yourself a little more time than you think is necessary.
2. Listen to great music. Turn on your favorite song and take time to enjoy it. You can even sing along if you want! I know I do.
3. Check the traffic. Avoid getting caught in traffic by looking at real-time traffic updates on a site like sigalert before you leave so you can plan your route accordingly.
4. Take another mode of transportation. Whenever you can, take another mode of transportation like the bus, train or your bike. Mixing it up will allow you to notice new things, decrease your stress and meet new people.
5. Practice an act of kindness. Help make someone else’s day a little smoother by practicing an act of kindness like letting a car merge into your lane. Even if you get to your destination 30 seconds later, you’ll feel better about your commute.
6. Take the scenic route. Stray away from your regular routine and go on a mountain road or drive along the beach. It’s hard to have road rage when you’re among beautiful scenery. Just to be sure to keep your eyes on the road :).
How much time do you think you spend in the car a day? What are your favorite songs to listen to?
Become an official Happster & get free happy notes here: http://tinyurl.com/imahappster
As Happsters, we’re always looking for new ways to spread happiness and bring a smile to someone’s face. Here are 13 ways to do just that:
1. Cook someone a nice meal.
2. Run a local fundraiser for someone struggling in your neighborhood.
3. Pick up the tab at dinner with a friend.
4. Give someone a note of appreciation! (If you don’t have one, get some free happy notes here)
5. Tell someone close to you how much they mean to you.
6. Add money to an expired meter.
7. Lend an ear to a friend who needs someone to talk to.
8. Remember someone’s name the first time you hear it.
9. Give a friend a hug.
10. Surprise someone!
11. Say I love you.
12. Leave flowers on someone’s front porch.
13. SMILE…It’s contagious!
How do you spread happiness? Let me know in the comments!
Take a moment to appreciate somebody else. Here’s a great example of one Happster appreciating another.
P.S. Don’t forget to make a “Do me a favor…and smile” note this weekend and leave it somewhere around your neighborhood! https://happsters.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/do-me-a-favor-and-smile/
Announcing Happy Notes! We created Happy Notes to make it easy for you to express gratitude to people you encounter. Get these free Happy Notes mailed to you & spread the love here: http://tinyurl.com/imahappster