It’s almost the new year. Have you made any New Year’s Resolutions for yourself? Below are a few of my resolutions for the year. What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments!
For more happy inspiration, join over 89,000 other Happsters on Instagram here: www.instagram.com/happsters
Today’s Happy Quote (New Year’s Resolution Edition)
P.S. If you’re reading this at the start of 2022, come on over to my newest blog post about lessons learned in 2021 here.
Last year I posted about a few Happiness Movements I was loving at the time, so I thought it would be fun to make an updated list because there are so many amazing ones out there! Here we go:
1) The Chalk Project
I stumbled upon Chalk Project on Instagram and have been a fan ever since. Their purpose is to spread messages of kindness and inspiration. They “create uplifting messages with chalk on neighborhood sidewalks, with hopes that this anonymous message will collide with the person that needs it most.”
Learn more about Chalk Project here: http://www.chalkproject.com/ Continue reading “5 (More) Happiness Movements You Need to Know About”
Lately I feel like I’ve been rushing from one thing to the next. I have a tendency to try to multi-task and get everything done as fast as I can. That’s why I love the quote:
“Let’s not try to figure out everything at once.”
Here’s my mantra for today. Hopefully it will remind you to be more present as well.
Today I will:
Go with the flow
Live in the moment
Focus on the task at hand
Take my time
Notice the little things
Accept what is
Do you multi-task a lot or are you good at focusing on one thing at a time? Let me know in the comments!
What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Look at your phone? Think about everything you have to do that day? Why not start your day off on the right foot by centering yourself with a morning mantra. Just a few moments of thinking positively can transform your day.
A mantra, according to the dictionary is:
“Any sacred word or syllable used as an object of concentration and embodying some aspect of spiritual power.”
Below are 6 positive morning mantras. If any of these resonate with you, print them out, write them down, or pin them on your Pinterest board so you can easily remember them. Continue reading “6 Morning Mantras You’ll Love”
When is the last time you thought about someone you were grateful for? Have you gone a step further and told that person why you were grateful for him? This week, I wanted to share an amazing video about the power of gratitude and the impact it has on happiness.
First, subjects were given a test and asked to rate their current level of happiness. Then they were asked to think of someone who was really influential in their lives and write down as much as they could about why this person was so important. What they didn’t know was that they would have to call that person and read what they wrote. Take a look at what happens…
Here are a few things (and people) I’m grateful for today: Continue reading “Special Gratitude Sunday”
What you focus on manifests itself in your life. Are you focusing on your joys? Remember that consistently talking about your problems will not make them better.
Live each moment fully.
Enjoy every small blessing that comes your way.
Say thank you to the universe.
Your life is now, not yesterday, not tomorrow. ♥
Do you sometimes feel like you’re still in high school worrying about what others may think of you? One of the first steps in freeing yourself from this trap is to learn to let go of the fear of judgment and know that you’ll only be happy if you live your life the way YOU want to live it. Choose your own goals, activities and actions and don’t get caught up in taking on other peoples’ likes and dislikes. Be comfortable with who you are and know that you are making the right decisions, regardless of what other people may believe.
While it’s important to be open to advice and the constructive opinions of your close family and friends, trying to please everyone will only burden you and ultimately not lead to anyone’s happiness.
Remember: What makes you unique is what makes you beautiful. Stay in the present, live your life without regrets, and do what makes you happy.
Have you ever gotten caught in the trap of worrying what other people think about you? How have you freed yourself from it? Let me know in the comments!
Become an official Happster & get free happy notes here: http://tinyurl.com/imahappster
Monthly delivery and subscription services have become much more popular in the last few years. You can pretty much get anything you want delivered to you with the click of a button. Some of them deliver necessities like tooth brushes and shampoo, while others deliver more fun and unusual products. Take a look at these 6 awesome delivery services:
1) Conscious Box – This monthly delivery of pure and sustainable products helps you discover everything from natural beauty products to health food and non-toxic home goods. Learn more about Conscious Box here: http://www.consciousbox.com/
2) The Secret Cookie Service – Dressed in suits and sunglasses, the San Diego based cookie team delivers freshly-baked, gourmet cookies right to your door in a briefcase. What’s happier than delicious, homemade cookies? They’ll even bring milk if you want it! Learn more about The Secret Cookie Service here: http://thesecretcookieservice.com/
Continue reading “Happiness Delivered to Your Door”
I’ve started noticing more and more happiness movements popping up recently, so I decided to compile a few of my favorites to share with you! Here are 6 happiness movements everyone should know about:
1. 365 Grateful Project – A documentary about the extraordinary power of gratitude has turned into a global movement. In an effort to fight depression, Hailey decided to take one Polaroid photo a day of something she felt grateful for. Hailey posted her project on flickr and gradually others began to do their own versions of the 365 Grateful project.
Learn more about the 365 Grateful Project here: http://365grateful.com/
2. You Are Beautiful – Matthew Hoffman started the You Are Beautiful project by creating stickers that say “you are beautiful” on them. The movement has grown in the past decade from just 100 stickers to a half million stickers posted around the globe. He sends anyone who wants to be part of the movement 5 free stickers.
Learn more about the You Are Beautiful Project here: http://you-are-beautiful.com/
Continue reading “6 Happiness Movements Everyone Should Know About”
There are thousands of ways we can spread happiness. Often times we can make others happy by doing something we rarely give a second thought to. Do you ever have conversations where a friend is telling you a story and all the sudden you realize you are thinking about something else entirely? Maybe you started thinking about everything on your to-do list, how hungry you are, or how you forgot to call your mom this morning. Other times you might be in a conversation and thinking about what you’re going to say next without listening to what the other person is saying at that moment.
Very few master the art of active listening, but the more you focus on giving your full attention to others, the more appreciated and respected they’ll feel. You’ll realize that your connections and communication skills become stronger when you take steps towards being a better listener.
Here are some tips on how to be an active listener:
1. Look at the person talking. It sounds pretty straight forward, but turning your eyes and body to face the person will show them that you are engaged in the conversation.
2. React accordingly. Give verbal feedback when appropriate like asking them questions relevant to what they’re saying.
3. Reduce distractions. Turn down or off the radio or TV, put down your magazine, and focus on the conversation.
4. Give positive non-verbal cues. Be aware of positive non-verbal cues you can include such as nodding your head, maintaining eye contact, or raising your eyebrows. You should also think about negative non-verbal cues you might be inadvertently sending like crossing your arms over your chest.
Do you feel like you’re an active listener? Are any of these tips helpful? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. It’s the first day of the Happy Note a Day Challenge on ChallengeLoop! It’s not too late to join! There are over 90 people in it spreading happiness already. Make some new friends and join the fun here: http://www.challengeloop.com/challenge/happy-note-a-day