Happy Almost Mother’s Day! We are getting together at my parent’s house for brunch. Do you have any fun plansa? Here’s what I’m loving this week:
1. The Happiest Facts To Make You Smile (I always love a good BuzzFeed video)
2. This granola I made the other day. I got the recipe from Billy’s mom and it’s heavenly!
3. My experience paying it forward in the first week of the Happy Explosion. It gave me such an adrenaline rush. I’ll post more about it on Saturday!
4. Hanging with IDEA World BlogFest presenter, Gina. I haven’t blogged about BlogFest yet, but I’ve been helping to work on it behind the scenes for months. I can’t wait until it’s here! I’m especially excited to see the Keynote, Jillian Michaels :). Hope to meet you there!
5. This new flower I got for my adorable pot that Ashleigh gave me. Thanks Ash!
6. The 25 Best Pieces Of Advice A Mom Can Give
7. @golden_budweiser on Instagram. You will not be sorry you followed this adorable pup!
How is your week going? What are your plans for Mother’s Day? Let me know in the comments!
Do you have a farmers market close to you? I hope so! Farmers Markets are not only fun, they are also a great way to support your local farmers.
Here are 5 reasons to find a farmers market near you:
1) Get fresh & cheaper food from the farm
The fruits and vegetables that you buy are sold directly to you without any need for shipping or sitting in storage. In addition to being fresh, a study for the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont found that prices were lower for many conventionally produced grocery items at farmers markets than they were at supermarkets.
2) Ask for cooking tips from the people who know
Often times the farmers and artisans selling food at the farmers market are happy to teach you about how to best cook their food.
3) Spread happiness in your community
There are so many people shopping and hanging around that it’s easy to strike up a conversation or even hand out a happy note. Sometimes there is even musical entertainment like this “Smiling Accordion Sensation”.
Continue reading “5 Reasons to Find a Farmers Market near You”