Well it’s been a minute since I’ve pressed “publish” on a Happsters blog post and I’ve really missed you guys. Honestly, I wasn’t sure if I’d ever write here again. I had a loop of “does anyone even read blogs anymore?” and “Is blogging dead?” running through my mind whenever I’d think about it, but eventually I decided that there’s something about a free-form blog post that makes my heart sing that I don’t get from posting on social media.
I’m also a big fan of reading blogs myself. Right now I can’t stop reading “Cup of Jo.” Have you read it? I’ve gone back further in her archives than I’d like to admit and shed more than a few tears reading the stories she publishes. There’s something about her posts about everyday life, connection, and life’s little moments that I keep coming back to every week. She’s a big part of the reason I ended up returning to this small corner of the internet. Thank you for the inspiration, Jo!
And the good news is….drum roll please…this post isn’t just a one-time only thing! 🙂 There will be 50 blog posts published here on happsters.com in 2022.
Thanks to Jo and my love of goal-setting, I’ll be going from 1 blog post in 2021 (this one) to 50 in 2022. It may seem like a big leap, but I’ve been wanting to set a goal for 2022 and ruled out running a 5K (maybe I’ll walk one!) and writing a book (saving this one for another year!), so blogging it is. I love writing, being creative, and connecting with you and I’m excited to get back to blogging again. I hope you’ll follow along!
Here are the types of posts I’m hoping to share in 2022:
- Stories from readers and myself about connection, kindness, friendship, family, and finding joy
- Posts and links from around the web centered around the 4 G’s of happiness: growth, gratitude, giving and gathering
- Interviews with experts on all of the topics listed above
- Lots and lots of cuddly and cute animal content – I’m taking “Puppy Friday” to the next level!
If you have a story that you think would be good for the blog, please email me at email@example.com so we can chat!
And if you’re looking to set a goal for yourself in 2022, here are a few links you may like:
- 5 Best Goal Setting Apps
- There’s a Right Way To Daydream, and Doing It Can Help You Conquer Your Goals
- 25 Planners to Help You Accomplish Your Goals
One thought on “Hi, I Miss You”
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.